Home Staging Solutions from PODS
Staging a home can mean the difference between selling it quickly and keeping it on the market for months. Staging a house is a reliable way to get the best return for your investment in any market condition. Decluttering is essential when staging your home. Removing all unnecessary furniture will create a clean open space allowing potential buyers to easily envision their own furniture and belongings in the home.
An important thing to keep in mind when staging a home is that less is more. Seasonal items and things that have not been used in months should be boxed up and stored with PODS. We offer convenient storage and moving solutions to assist you with staging your home. We deliver a ground-level storage container for you to load at your own pace. When you’re ready, we’ll pick it up and take it to one of our secure Storage Centres.
For those items that you’re not storing and haven’t used in over a year, consider donating or throwing them away. Make a rule that for every new item that comes in, an old item has to be donated, recycled or thrown away.
One of the advantages of using PODS is that when your home sells, we can deliver your container back to your home to finish loading your belongings or move it across town, across Canada or across border.
Top 5 tips to stage your home
- Focus on the kitchen and bathrooms. These rooms have a lot to do with the resale value of your home – and prospective buyers will pay special attention to them.
- Clean thoroughly. Consider hiring a maid service to clean your kitchen and your bathrooms.
- Don’t forget your cabinets. People will open up cabinets and pantries – keep these organized and not overly filled – make the prospective buyer feel like there is plenty of storage space.
- Consider inexpensive upgrades like cabinet knobs, new faucets or light fixtures. These small touches can make a room feel updated and modern.
- Consider the optimal use for extra rooms. Your sewing room or fitness center may not work for someone else. Create common spaces like extra bedrooms and home offices to help prospective buyers better visualize themselves in your home.
- Help prospective buyers imagine themselves in your home. Some staging tips:
- Remove family portraits and other personal items.
- If your furniture is not in great shape, consider renting furniture for staging and storing your furniture in a PODS moving container. Alternatively, you can buy slip covers as a low-cost way to improve the appearance of your sofas and chairs.
- Declutter as much as possible. Remove excess knick knacks from tables and take down wall hangings. Keep the rooms neutral and conversational.
- Don’t forget the exterior. Home staging is not just about the indoors – creating a home with curb appeal gives potential buyers their first impression. Some quick and inexpensive fixes:
- Replace any bad areas of your lawn with new sod.
- Add fresh mulch to existing flower beds.
- Add a few potted plants near your entrance.
- Trim bushes and trees – a tidy yard will show prospective buyers the home has been taken care of.
- Create a welcoming entryway. Add a new welcome mat and clean the front door and nearby windows and trim – these simple staging tips can make your home feel friendly and welcoming.